Thursday, May 12, 2005

Is my wife pregnant ?

May 16th, this coming Monday is the day where my wife will be taking a pregnancy test to be conducted by the gynae. While we are probably quite relaxed now, I believe that the anxiety will creep in when we are in the hospital later that day.

These past few days, my wife has complained of several things. Symptoms, I discovered, partly due to the IUI treatment like stomach cramps, fatigue and tenderness in the upper part of her body. In fact, I have now become her personal massager. Every day after work, I would give her a massage on the stomach area and her back. Sometimes, she would give me that synical smile like telling me,"Aha, I am in seventh heaven!". But most of the times,I know she felt genuine relaxation as the pain eased after my massage.

Actually I seem to be pampering her more than usual. Like she would sleep more in the daytime because she said she's tired and I let her continue until late in the night. I have made her quaker oats for supper. Bought her many Evian mineral water, her favourite drink. Guess, it's time for my service to her like she had done for me all this time.

Yesterday, my wife told me that she has started to feel a little bit of nausea. I wonder - could she be experiencing the early signs of pregnancy ? I also noticed that she also shown some mood swings recently. Perhaps I should suggest to my wife that to take a pregnancy test before Monday(though many woman in the forums which I visited advised against this as it may not be accurate so could give false hopes) ? On second thought, Nah! I would rather wait for that Monday and find out the outcome together with the gynae. It maybe excruciating but my wife and me will face it together. Trusting myself to Him. If He wills it, it will happen, insya'allah!

One piece of good news though. My wife told me this morning that she has managed to shed 4 kgs since we first visited the gynae three weeks ago. Not bad, huh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home