Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Day After ....

The two IUI procedures have been successfully done on my wife. According to my wife, the first one seems less invasive and quicker. However yesterday's session was a bit more "intimidating" with she being ushered to the operating theatre with four nurses (apparently two are on-the job training). It took about 20 minutes. Unlike the first one in which I could comfort her in person immediately after the procedure, this time I could only wait anxiously at the waiting area for two hours.

I must say that this whole episode is certainly more emotionally draining on my wife. She has to get the jabs done before IUI, and now after the second one she has been prescribed with progesterone tablets to be applied externally. O God, I pray that give You her strength throughout this period for You art Most Hearing and Most Knowing!

Now is the time to wait for the results in two weeks' time. It is so ironic that when we decided to go and seek treatment in this hospital, a day before me and my wife was watching the program "First Mums" on Channel 5. One of the scenes was when the female character asked her husband to do the "ovulation injections" on her bums. Both of us laughed during the scene although it was suppposed to be one of the more poignant scenes as the husband told the wife,"We don't have to do this you know". Luckily my wife was prescribed the latest pen-like syringe(much simpler) and she need to jab at her stomach. Initially she felt a bit scary but it turned out to be quite okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home